Meetings & events
The original hotel ballroom has been restored as part of the £85 million refurbishment, and has its own private entrance on Bernard Street. The ballroom has a double-height ceiling, original features, and windows the entire length of one wall, with a mezzanine gallery that overlooks the main room. It holds up to 450 guests for a reception and up to 220 guests for a social celebration or event requiring a dance floor.
On the lower-ground floor of the hotel, eight additional meetings and events spaces can accommodate up to 100 delegates. All of them have natural daylight, and they have been designed and decorated to match the aesthetic you will find throughout The Principal London.
At a glance
- A Grade II* landmark hotel occupying the eastern flank of Russell Square.
- Charles Fitzroy Doll’s original ballroom, lovingly restored, with space for 450 people.
- Eight additional meeting and event spaces.
- Next to Russell Square Tube on the Piccadilly line, with direct connections to King's Cross and Heathrow.
- Nearest car parks are Brunswick Centre (WC1N 1AF) or Bloomsbury Square (WC1A 2RJ).
- Applause guest-recognition and rewards programme.
- Smart Space is a meeting & event brand standards.