A coveted Oxford wedding venue
Wonderful riverside gardens, unique ceremony spaces, and rich 15th-century character set the scene for your wedding day.
Combining medieval features with modern charm, De Vere Oxford Thames offers a collection of spaces for memorable ceremonies and wedding breakfasts.
Say your vows aboard Saint John’s College Barge for an intimate ceremony on the River Thames. Or choose a riverside setting with an outdoor ceremony at the Riverside Gazebo.
For smaller weddings for up to 60 guests, the Little Barn is popular with brides and grooms and offers a unique space with exposed brickwork and original wooden beams. Or for a wedding breakfast for up to 140, the Oxford Suite offers modern style with its own private terrace.
With elegant guest bedrooms, delicious wedding menus and a dedicated wedding team, we’ll ensure every detail is cared for to create the wedding day you’ve always imagined.
To get in touch please send an email to our wedding co-ordinators, Stephanie and Robyn - or complete the enquiry form below
At a glance
- Surrounded by manicured gardens with 30 acres of beautiful grounds beyond that lead down to the River Thames - ideal for wedding photographs.
- A collection of unique outdoor and indoor event spaces, from a 15th-century barn to St Johns College barge and an outdoor gazebo on the banks of the River Thames.
- Exclusive and delicious wedding menus crafted by our Executive Chef.
- Able to host ceremonies and wedding breakfasts from 20 to 140 guests.
- A dedicated wedding team here to help every step of the way; from your first enquiry to the big day itself.
- Fully licensed for civil ceremonies in Oxford.
- Ideal for guest travel, located just 3 miles from Oxford city centre and just a short drive from the M40, M4 and A34.